WORKSHOP! The EARTH ELEMENT - Herbal Formulas for the Spleen -Digestion, The Immune System, & Blood Sugar.
The Role of the Spleen (Pi) in Traditional Chinese Medicine
was that all aspects of vitality depend on the entire body receiving proper nutrition from the healthy functioning of this essential organ.
- lack of appetite,
- blood sugar imbalances
- Digestive Disorders
- muscular atrophy (wasting),
- abdominal fullness,
- inappropriate bleeding or bruising.
- Tonifies the spleen and augments qi - spleen deficiency w/shortness of breath, fatigue, loose stools (si jun zi tong).
- Qi and/or blood deficiency w/irregular pluse or palpitations (Zhi Gan Cao Tang).
- Moistens the lungs and stops cough - heat/cold in the lungs (Ma Xing Shi Gan Tang).
- Clears heat and toxic fire (raw) - carbuncles, sores, sore throat due to fire toxin (internally or topically).
- Alleviates pain and stops spasms - abdomen or legs (Shao Yao Gan Cao Tang).
- Often used to harmonize and/or moderate characteristics of other herbs.
- Antidote for toxic substances (internally and topically).
- JOIN Professor Drew this weekend Saturday September 6 & Sunday September 7 from 10 - 4 as he explores all of the Spleen formulas used in the Modern Clinic.